4 portions, takes ~30 minutes
You will need:
• approximately 600 g of chicken, cut into bite size pieces
• 1-2 tbsp of oil
• salt and pepper, to taste (you can also skip them as both salty and spicy seasonings will be added later, but these do add a nice depth)
• a cup of water
• one vegetable bouillon cube
▪you can also replace the water and bouillon cube with a cup of actual vegetable broth
• soy sauce (1 tbsp, but add more/less to your own liking)
• 1-2 tsp of sambal oelek (or any type of chili paste, again add as much as you like)
• ½-1 thinly sliced leek, depending on the size
• 2 tbsp mango chutney
• ~a cup of sour cream
• 1 fresh or 200 g frozen cubed mango
▪Heat up the oil in a pan and fry the chicken until golden brown. Add salt and pepper.
▪Add the water+bouillon cube/broth, soy sauce and sambal oelek. Lower the heat and simmer under a lid for 15 minutes or so. If you find that too much of the liquid has evaporated and you’d want more sauce, add some more water.
▪Add the leek, chutney and sourcream. Cook for another 5 minutes. Add the cubed mango in just a moment before serving if using fresh mango, and a minute or two before if using frozen mango.
▪ Serve with rice and a salad if you’d like!
Notes: you can add less or more of basically anything in this recipe, depending on your liking; if you want it to be spicy, add more sambal oelek, if more mild, add a little more sourcream. All the anounts here are also very vague – it will work just fine if you only have 1,5 cups of sour cream, for example.